Old 01-18-2010, 11:45 PM
"Thomas H. George"

Default OT: Camcorder .VRO format

I purchased a Cannon DC410 camcorder. Took some very nice videos that
totem can play but I can't edit the file which has the .VRO extension.
A Google search turned up commercial packages to convert the file to a
.VOB file and a note that this is really an mpeg-2 file which apps may
play if the extension is changed to .mpg. Totem plays it that way too
but Cinelerra's viewer thinks either of these is an image file. ffmpeg
-format does not include the .VRO extension and has problems compressing
the .mpg file.

I have a yet unanswered post to the cinelerra mailing list regrading the
.VRO extension.

If anyone has any experience with this format or suggestions of things
to try I would really appreciate the help.

Tom

Old 01-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:45:22 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:

I dont't think this is OT :-?

> I purchased a Cannon DC410 camcorder. Took some very nice videos that
> totem can play but I can't edit the file which has the .VRO extension. A
> Google search turned up commercial packages to convert the file to a
> .VOB file and a note that this is really an mpeg-2 file which apps may
> play if the extension is changed to .mpg. Totem plays it that way too
> but Cinelerra's viewer thinks either of these is an image file. ffmpeg
> -format does not include the .VRO extension and has problems compressing
> the .mpg file.

What kind of problems? Any errors while processing the conversion or with
the output file? It's a very nice tool :-)

> I have a yet unanswered post to the cinelerra mailing list regrading the
> .VRO extension.
>
> If anyone has any experience with this format or suggestions of things
> to try I would really appreciate the help.

No experience with that concrete file type, but Avidemux tends to be very
powerfull for these kind of conversion tasks.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón