Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default Is anyone using eclipse on debian ?

Hi there,

I am trying to get eclipse working on my amd64 debian/lenny box.

I tried the official 3.4 release:
$ apt-cache policy eclipse
eclipse:
Installed: 3.4.1-1
Candidate: 3.4.1-1
Version table:
*** 3.4.1-1 0
100 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
3.2.2-6.1 0
500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org lenny/main Packages

I then followed the instructions to install the XMLModeling/hyperModel package:
http://xmlmodeling.com/download/hypermodel-3.1/instructions-for-installation/

All I get is an annoying: "Cannot launch the Update UI. This
installation has not been configured properly for Software Updates".

Instead I tried to download from the official website. I selected
eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/galileo/SR1/eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz

I seems to start ok, but then again I cannot install anything. I can
add http://download.xmlmodeling.com/hyperModel/updates/site.xml, it
properly display a bunch of options to select. I select 'UML Tools',
click next... and nothing happen ever...

Any hints on how to know what could possible by going on wrong ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b11, mixed mode)

Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:03:20 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

(...)

> Instead I tried to download from the official website. I selected
> eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz:
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/
downloads/release/galileo/SR1/eclipse-cpp-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk-
x86_64.tar.gz

> I seems to start ok, but then again I cannot install anything. I can add
> http://download.xmlmodeling.com/hyperModel/updates/site.xml, it properly
> display a bunch of options to select. I select 'UML Tools', click
> next... and nothing happen ever...
>
> Any hints on how to know what could possible by going on wrong ?

Yes... IIRC, java package itself was having some issues with ipv6 that
impeded the applications going online. I remember this problem (and the
solution) was reported some weeks ago on this same list :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón