Old 01-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Vadkan Jozsef

Default only scp

anybody got any tips/howtos/docs for this?:

- restrict the users, to only use scp ["no shell"]
- but a root, admin can still login with ssh

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat,16.Jan.10, 21:12:17, Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> anybody got any tips/howtos/docs for this?:
>
> - restrict the users, to only use scp ["no shell"]
> - but a root, admin can still login with ssh

apt-cache show scponly

Regards,
Andrei

Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Eric Gerlach

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:35:25PM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sat,16.Jan.10, 21:12:17, Vadkan Jozsef wrote:
> >> anybody got any tips/howtos/docs for this?:
> >>
> >> - restrict the users, to only use scp ["no shell"]
> >> - but a root, admin can still login with ssh
> >
> > apt-cache show scponly
>
> or 'rssh'. I don't know which is "better", though.

I like rssh, but if you don't mind restricting to SFTP only, you can do it
natively in SSH since 4.9. Instructions here:
http://www.minstrel.org.uk/papers/sftp/builtin

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator