Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Paul Cartwright

Default kontact calendar alarms

maybe I am doing something wrong ( or not doing something..)
I create an appointment in the calendar, add an alarm, add user notifications,
and... it does nothing.
I never get notified & no alarms ever go off.
Lenny with: Kontact 1.2.9
Kmail 1.9.9
KOrganizer 3.5.9
KDE 3.5.10
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:35:27 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> maybe I am doing something wrong ( or not doing something..) I create an
> appointment in the calendar, add an alarm, add user notifications,
> and... it does nothing.
> I never get notified & no alarms ever go off. Lenny with: Kontact 1.2.9
> Kmail 1.9.9
> KOrganizer 3.5.9
> KDE 3.5.10

Is KOrganizer daemon loaded in systray?

IIRC, it has to be loaded so you to get notifications. KMail/Kontact can
be closed but not the calendar applet.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Paul Cartwright

On Sat January 16 2010, Camaleón wrote:
> Is KOrganizer daemon loaded in systray?
yes, I have the little calendar icon, and right-clicking it says:

Reminders enabled

> IIRC, it has to be loaded so you to get notifications. KMail/Kontact can
> be closed but not the calendar applet.
Kontact is never closed.. I just minimize it..

uptime
07:03:00 up 37 days, 22:13, 5 users, load average: 0.02, 0.13, 0.16

ps -ef|grep rganizer
user1 4851 1 0 2009 ? 00:00:09 korgac --miniicon korganizer
user2 7357 1 0 2009 ? 00:00:14 korgac --miniicon korganizer

Old 01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Paul Cartwright

On Sat January 16 2010, Camaleón wrote:
> Is KOrganizer daemon loaded in systray?

when I right-click and SELECT reminders enabled, it puts a check box by it.
Does that ENABLE it, or DISable it? I didn't realize that was selectable..

Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 07:07:15 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On Sat January 16 2010, Camaleón wrote:
>> Is KOrganizer daemon loaded in systray?
>
> when I right-click and SELECT reminders enabled, it puts a check box by
> it. Does that ENABLE it, or DISable it? I didn't realize that was
> selectable..

[x] Reminders enabled
[x] Start korganizer dameon at login...

Should be both check == enabled

Also, the appointment itself should have a "reminder before 'nn' minutes"
or some right time.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón