Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Javier Barroso

Default Viewing Targa images from blackberry

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:51:21 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> In the tarball I can find the images in "Folders" folder. But I don't
>> known how can I convert this to jpeg / png. I can't view this files
>> without any viewer I tried (feh, eog , display, xli, gimp ...)
>
> You can use a command line tool to perform the conversion, such
> "convert" (I think is part of ImageMagick package).

$ convert 67688a69 0 foto.png
convert: no decode delegate for this image format `67688a69 0' @
constitute.c/ReadImage/530.
convert: missing an image filename `foto.png' @
convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/2838.

> Or you can first try to convert it online:
>
> http://www.zamzar.com/
They can't either
There was a problem converting your file - We attempted to perform the
conversion you requested from tga to bmp but unfortunately the...

>> file tell me:
>> Folders/67688a69 0: Targa image data - RGB - RLE 27148 x 24930 Gimp tell
>> me:
>> Unhandled sub-format in '/home/javi/tmp/blackberry/Folders/67688a69
>> 0.tga' (type = 2, bpp = 114)
>>
>> In barry-utils I didn't find any doc about how to get pictures, I took a
>> look in its manpages.
>>
>> Maybe this file is really data and it is not a image?
>
> Try to open another targa (.tga) file and see what happens. It's quite
> possible that files from your BB got corrupted somehow.

I don't have any tga file, but I will search in internet.

Thank you very much

Old 01-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:18:23 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:51:21 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> In the tarball I can find the images in "Folders" folder. But I don't
>>> known how can I convert this to jpeg / png. I can't view this files
>>> without any viewer I tried (feh, eog , display, xli, gimp ...)
>>
>> You can use a command line tool to perform the conversion, such
>> "convert" (I think is part of ImageMagick package).
>
> $ convert 67688a69 0 foto.png
> convert: no decode delegate for this image format `67688a69 0' @
> constitute.c/ReadImage/530.
> convert: missing an image filename `foto.png' @
> convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/2838.
>

>> Or you can first try to convert it online:
>>
>> http://www.zamzar.com/
> They can't either
> There was a problem converting your file - We attempted to perform the
> conversion you requested from tga to bmp but unfortunately the...

Wow. 2 in 2... they could be right, then :-?

Can you send the original file from the BackBerry to an e-mail account so
you can test the image "in raw", that is, before running "barrybackup"?

>> Try to open another targa (.tga) file and see what happens. It's quite
>> possible that files from your BB got corrupted somehow.
>
> I don't have any tga file, but I will search in internet.

Standard TGA images are correctly displayed with any of the programs you
tested before (Them Gimp, EoG, gthumb et al). I'd suspect the error comes
from that specific files: a conversion error or maybe a BB format problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón