-   -   Viewing Targa images from blackberry (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/309179-viewing-targa-images-blackberry.html)

Camaleón 01-14-2010 11:14 AM

Viewing Targa images from blackberry

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:51:21 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:

(...)

> In the tarball I can find the images in "Folders" folder. But I don't
> known how can I convert this to jpeg / png. I can't view this files
> without any viewer I tried (feh, eog , display, xli, gimp ...)

You can use a command line tool to perform the conversion, such
"convert" (I think is part of ImageMagick package).

Or you can first try to convert it online:

http://www.zamzar.com/

> file tell me:
> Folders/67688a69 0: Targa image data - RGB - RLE 27148 x 24930 Gimp tell
> me:
> Unhandled sub-format in '/home/javi/tmp/blackberry/Folders/67688a69
> 0.tga' (type = 2, bpp = 114)
>
> In barry-utils I didn't find any doc about how to get pictures, I took a
> look in its manpages.
>
> Maybe this file is really data and it is not a image?

Try to open another targa (.tga) file and see what happens. It's quite
possible that files from your BB got corrupted somehow.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón