Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Alan Chandler

Default phppgadmin - default encoding for new databases

I have just installed a new Debian Lenny system, and am now setting up
the various components.

phppgadmin is set so that the default encoding for a new database is
LATIN1. However if you try to create one with that encoding it fails
telling me that I only have utf8 locales installed. I would like it to
default to UTF8, but can't find out where this is specified.

Is this settable in phppgadmin, or is it a postgresql option?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk