Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Thierry Chatelet

Default Virtualbox and usb-SOLVED

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 02:03:10 Rob Owens wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:25:10AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > Hi,
> > As the title says, I am looking for a virtualbox, under lenny, that sees
> > the usb devices. So virtualbox-ose does not fit my requirement. Any idea
> > what I can use instead?
> > Thanks
> > Thierry
>
> I haven't tried this, but it looks pretty useful:
>
> http://usbip.sourceforge.net/
>
> Looks like there's a package for it in squeeze.
>
> -Rob

Thank you both of you, it's working
Thierry

Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Mark Neidorff

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 06:35 am, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2010 02:03:10 Rob Owens wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:25:10AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > As the title says, I am looking for a virtualbox, under lenny, that
> > > sees the usb devices. So virtualbox-ose does not fit my requirement.
> > > Any idea what I can use instead?
> >
> > I haven't tried this, but it looks pretty useful:
> >
> > http://usbip.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Looks like there's a package for it in squeeze.
> >
> > -Rob
>
> Thank you both of you, it's working

What did you do to get the USB working with Virtualbox?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Monday 18 January 2010 11:08:22 Mark Neidorff wrote:

> What did you do to get the USB working with Virtualbox?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Well, not much. Unfortunately this box is gone now, so I will have to explain
from what I remember, and not be able to check my information.
But, as far as I remember, there are some check-box to check somewhere in a
configuration window.
Thierry

Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:08:22AM -0500, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2010 06:35 am, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't tried this, but it looks pretty useful:
> > >
> > > http://usbip.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > Looks like there's a package for it in squeeze.
> > >
> > > -Rob
> >
> > Thank you both of you, it's working
>
> What did you do to get the USB working with Virtualbox?

you have to install the virtualbox from birtualbox.org not the ose
version in the debian repo

--
"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis."

- George W. Bush
04/15/2000
CNBC

Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Thierry Chatelet

> you have to install the virtualbox from birtualbox.org not the ose
> version in the debian repo
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

Hi Mark