Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Ali Jawad

Default Destination Rewrite Does Not Work For Logcheck

Hi
I did install logcheck, did setup a cronjob, however all emails are sent to logcheck at my domain.com.

I did change aliases and added

logcheck: me@mydomain.com

and
logcheck: me

But it does not work the emails are still being sent out without the destination being rewritten.

Please help

Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:07:18 +0300, Ali Jawad wrote:

> Hi
> I did install logcheck, did setup a cronjob, however all emails are sent
> to logcheck at my domain.com.

Have you tried by setting up the "SENDMAILTO=" variable value listed in "/
etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf" to the full-correct e-mail address?

> I did change aliases and added
>
> logcheck: me@mydomain.com
> and
> logcheck: me
>
> But it does not work the emails are still being sent out without the
> destination being rewritten.

Mmm... IIRC, after editing "/etc/aliases" file you should run
"newaliases" command to activate the changes in the MTA. Although I'm not
sure if this remains true also for Exim. I do know Postfix does that
way :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón