Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
"rudolf vavra"

Default Debian & server Intel x3400, Xeon Quad Core E5320 with SATA HDD, Please, is't compact???

Title: AMCOBEX Information Technologies
Hi there,

I want to buy server Intel x3400, Xeon Quad Core E5320 with Express 250GB SATA HDD. At home I use Debian 4.0. Please, can I use this server with Debian 4.0 or 3.1, if there are problems with drivers etc.
I want to use Debian with Ruby, MySQL, PHP, Lighttpd, Apache. Can U give me any help, please. Thanks* a lot. Have nice day!!! I love Debian.

Part No.
Description

System x
Config 1

7976KGG
Express
x3400, Xeon Quad Core E5320 80W 1.86GHz/1066MHz/8MB L2, 2x512MB ChK
Memory, O/Bay HS SATA/SAS, SR 8k-l, CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive, 835W p/s,
Tower

43X0608
Express 1GB (2x512MB) PC2-5300 DDR2 FBD CL4 Memory Kit

Internal Storage

43W7598
Express 250GB 7.2K HS SATA HDD (mirror)

or IBM
250GB SATA II Hot-swap 3Gb/s HDD* 39M4526

Thanks R.V�a.

tel: +420 725602223

Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
"Paul Johnson"

On Jan 7, 2008 3:49 AM, rudolf vavra <rudolf.vavra@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to buy server Intel x3400, Xeon Quad Core E5320 with Express 250GB
> SATA HDD. At home I use Debian 4.0. Please, can I use this server with
> Debian 4.0 or 3.1, if there are problems with drivers etc.
> I want to use Debian with Ruby, MySQL, PHP, Lighttpd, Apache. Can U give me
> any help, please. Thanks a lot. Have nice day!!! I love Debian.

Have you read the installation manual? It does list system requirements there.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02.html.en

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca