Old 01-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Tim Tebbit

Default Preview pane settings Icedove/ Thunderbird

AG wrote:

> In Icedove (Thunderbird) v2.0.0.22 on Debian testing is there an option
> to automatically jump to the bottom of an email using the preview pane
> to read it? Anybody been able to make that happen, and if so how?

Not that I am aware of. <space> is more than fast enough for me. Between

Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Tixy

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 20:26 +0000, AG wrote:
> In Icedove (Thunderbird) v2.0.0.22 on Debian testing is there an option
> to automatically jump to the bottom of an email using the preview pane
> to read it? Anybody been able to make that happen, and if so how?

I use Evolution for email, but the technique I use in that may work in
Icedove. What I do is have the mouse pointer hovering over the preview
pane, and use the touchpad/mouse scroll-wheel to scroll down the email
to read it. The keyboard focus remains always in my email inbox list, so
I can use the cursor keys and keyboard shortcuts to select emails.

--
Tixy

Old 01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Dotan Cohen

2010/1/12 AG <computing.account@googlemail.com>:

> In Icedove (Thunderbird) v2.0.0.22 on Debian testing is there an option to
> automatically jump to the bottom of an email using the preview pane to read
> it? Ā* Anybody been able to make that happen, and if so how?
>
> I know that this is not Debian-specific but thought that this would be a
> good place to start if its something reasonably straight forward.

Ö¹Using the Nostalgy and Keyconfig extensions I am able to scroll the
message body with LeftArrow / RightArrow and change messages with
UpArrow / DownArrow. I hardly ever touch the mouse. It doesn't go
right to the bottom, but you could probably do that with the Keyconfig
extension.

You might also want to look for the Muttator extension, from the same
guys who make Vimperator (using Vimperator right now).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 01-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Eric Gerlach

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 04:23:10PM -0500, Tim Tebbit wrote:
> AG wrote:
> >
> > In Icedove (Thunderbird) v2.0.0.22 on Debian testing is there an option
> > to automatically jump to the bottom of an email using the preview pane
> > to read it? Anybody been able to make that happen, and if so how?
>
> Not that I am aware of. <space> is more than fast enough for me. Between

If you really want to go keyboard-only there's Muttator
(http://vimperator.org/muttator). I've never used it (happily using mutt
itself), but I loves my vimperator.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator
Federation of Students

Old 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Dotan Cohen

On 22 January 2010 21:42, Eric Gerlach <egerlach@feds.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 04:23:10PM -0500, Tim Tebbit wrote:
>> AG wrote:
>> >
>> > In Icedove (Thunderbird) v2.0.0.22 on Debian testing is there an option
>> > to automatically jump to the bottom of an email using the preview pane
>> > to read it? * Anybody been able to make that happen, and if so how?
>>
>> Not that I am aware of. <space> is more than fast enough for me. Between
>
> If you really want to go keyboard-only there's Muttator
> (http://vimperator.org/muttator). *I've never used it (happily using mutt
> itself), but I loves my vimperator.

++Vimperator, using it now, and I am not even a real VIM user!

Muttator is not quite ready yet, from what I understand.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il