FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
"S. Fishpaste"
 
Default Gammu|Wammu with Motorola RZR V3

Greetings;

I'm attempting to get Gammu to read my Razor via USB data cable. The
phone is mounted; I can see this by issuing 'lsusb | grep Motorola'
which returns;
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone (AT)

My question is how do I get Wammu to see it. I used the manual config
wizard as well as the guided one to no avail. It seems it expects a
device listing in the form of; '/dev/ttyS0' which isn't applicable it
seems anymore.

Hopefully there are some folks around that have some experience with
this software and can help me.

Thanks.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Matthew Moore
 
Default Gammu|Wammu with Motorola RZR V3

On Monday 11 January 2010 4:42:50 pm S. Fishpaste wrote:
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone (AT)

I think that this device is listed under /dev/bus/usb/...

MM


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Camaleón
 
Default Gammu|Wammu with Motorola RZR V3

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:42:50 -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> I'm attempting to get Gammu to read my Razor via USB data cable. The
> phone is mounted; I can see this by issuing 'lsusb | grep Motorola'
> which returns;
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone
(AT)
>
> My question is how do I get Wammu to see it. I used the manual config
> wizard as well as the guided one to no avail. It seems it expects a
> device listing in the form of; '/dev/ttyS0' which isn't applicable it
> seems anymore.
>
> Hopefully there are some folks around that have some experience with
> this software and can help me.

I tested it once with my Motorola K1 and that time was detected under "/
dev/ttyACM0". The phone can be configured to act (to be detected) as "usb
flash drive" or "data connection" (modem). To use it with wammu it has to
be configured as the latter.

Just plug the phone into usb port and type "dmesg" in a terminal (gnom-
terminal, xterm...) to see what is going on.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM
"S. Fishpaste"
 
Default Gammu|Wammu with Motorola RZR V3

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:36:47 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:42:50 -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to get Gammu to read my Razor via USB data cable. The
>> phone is mounted; I can see this by issuing 'lsusb | grep Motorola'
>> which returns;
>> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone
> (AT)
>>
>> My question is how do I get Wammu to see it. I used the manual config
>> wizard as well as the guided one to no avail. It seems it expects a
>> device listing in the form of; '/dev/ttyS0' which isn't applicable it
>> seems anymore.
>>
>> Hopefully there are some folks around that have some experience with
>> this software and can help me.
>
> I tested it once with my Motorola K1 and that time was detected under "/
> dev/ttyACM0". The phone can be configured to act (to be detected) as "usb
> flash drive" or "data connection" (modem). To use it with wammu it has to
> be configured as the latter.
>
> Just plug the phone into usb port and type "dmesg" in a terminal (gnom-
> terminal, xterm...) to see what is going on.

Dunno why I didn't think of dmesg myself; but you were right. The dev
is listed at '/dev/ttyACMO'. It turned out to be a permission issue;
although one would think the post-installation script might have
configured it properly? Anyway I chowned it to the proper user group
and voila it worked.

Thanks to both of you for responding.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org