Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Stephen Vaughan

Default Linux tcp tuning

I'm well aware of how to adjust these settings, I want to know whether they work better with a decent adapter.

Stephen

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

Stephen Vaughan put forth on 1/10/2010 10:49 PM:

> Hello,

> Has anyone had experience with tuning tcp to increase network

> performance? I'm curious to know whether better results have been seen

> with adapters such as intel, compared to cheaper adapters like realtek.

> I'm trying to increase throughput over long and short paths on the internet.

> --

> Best Regards,

> Stephen

http://fasterdata.es.net/TCP-tuning/linux.html

First hit via Google. *You should try it sometime. *Not very many people know

about it, as it's very new. *It's a pretty good search engine. *You can use it

by going to http://www.google.com and typing in what you're looking for.

--

Stan