Old 01-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Frank McCormick

Default Java and firefox

Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Thibaut

Hi

i'm running kubuntu and there is no java applet working on my firefox
(jre is installed though). Any idea what I have to install to make it work?

Thanks,
t.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Gilles Gravier

Hi, Tib,

On 05/02/2012 11:24, Thibaut wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm running kubuntu and there is no java applet working on my firefox
> (jre is installed though). Any idea what I have to install to make it
> work?
>
> Thanks,
> t.

When you type the URL "aboutlugins" in your browser, do you get a
"Java" section?

Ideally you should (if you have the official Sun/Oracle) JRE installed,
get a section that starts with "Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_26"

Can you copy/paste in your response to me here?

Did you run "sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun" after
installing the JRE?

Type "sudo update-java-alternatives -l" to get a list of java
environments installed. Not all of them have a plugin available...

Gilles

Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Thibaut

When you type the URL"aboutlugins" in your browser, do you get a
"Java" section?

No, i just have a "flash" section"

Ideally you should (if you have the official Sun/Oracle) JRE installed,
get a section that starts with "Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_26"

Can you copy/paste in your response to me here?

Did you run "sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun" after
installing the JRE?

Type "sudo update-java-alternatives -l" to get a list of java
environments installed. Not all of them have a plugin available...

$ sudo update-java-alternatives -l
java-1.6.0-openjdk 1061 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk

thanks for your help!
t.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Thibaut <lasthib@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm running kubuntu and there is no java applet working on my firefox (jre
> is installed though). Any idea what I have to install to make it work?

You have to install the java browser plugin. Check synaptic for java plugin.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 AM