Old 01-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Hrishikesh Murali

Default Network Statistics in a VPN

Hi,

I need statistics on the amount of traffic flowing through a
tunnel in a VPN server. For example, I need to know how much bandwidth
is being taken by the client, what is the amount of jitter and amount
of packet loss through the network, etc. Is there any specific tool
which can do this?

I also need to prevent one client from executing a DOS attack on
another. A DOS attack may simply mean a SYN flood to a remote port on a
client from another. Is it possible to prevent this type of attack from
the server? I am asking this since OpenVPN has a star topology and all
packets are routed to go through the server.

When i view incoming traffic on a client, the source IP is always that of
the VPN server. Is this NAT done by default in OpenVPN or do I have to
specify any configuration? If so, what is it?
--
Thanks and Regards,

Hrishikesh Murali