Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Stephen Vaughan

Default Linux tcp tuning

Hello,

Has anyone had experience with tuning tcp to increase network performance? I'm curious to know whether better results have been seen with adapters such as intel, compared to cheaper adapters like realtek. I'm trying to increase throughput over long and short paths on the internet.

--
Best Regards,
Stephen

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Stan Hoeppner

Stephen Vaughan put forth on 1/10/2010 10:49 PM:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone had experience with tuning tcp to increase network
> performance? I'm curious to know whether better results have been seen
> with adapters such as intel, compared to cheaper adapters like realtek.
> I'm trying to increase throughput over long and short paths on the internet.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Stephen

http://fasterdata.es.net/TCP-tuning/linux.html

First hit via Google. You should try it sometime. Not very many people know
about it, as it's very new. It's a pretty good search engine. You can use it
by going to http://www.google.com and typing in what you're looking for.

--
Stan