Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Mike Castle

Default autofs stopped working on testing

Has anyone else noticed that autofs has stopped working on testing?
I'm really just digging into the debugging process, so may not have
read all of the necessary docs quite yet.

I've had autofs working for /home and a /share hierarchy for quite
some time now, and haven't had too many problems with it. But the
initial set up was long enough ago that I don't exactly remember the
details of setting it up.

I've had one machine that's been giving me grief and had to reboot
daily for the last several days, so I'm pretty sure that the cause is
the last day or two. I'm not seeing any packages, however, that look
like they might have caused the problem. Nothing like slapd, glibc,
autofs, nss or the like.

Oh ... I just remembered... / on the ldap server was full, and I ended
up nuking a lot of stuff on that partition. I wonder if I got overly
zealous and deleted something important. I hope not.

Anyway, the symptom is that no autmount maps are being seen:

/etc/init.d/autofs start
no automount maps defined.

Everything is saved in ldap, nothing in /etc

ldapsearch -x

still shows all of the pertinent information

Still, any suggestions on how to proceed on this would be appreciated.

mrc

Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Mike Castle

Solved!

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Mike Castle <dalgoda+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh ... I just remembered... / on the ldap server was full, and I ended
> up nuking a lot of stuff on that partition. *I wonder if I got overly
> zealous and deleted something important. *I hope not.

Not sure if I deleted too much, or full partition caused problem, but
I ended up restoring the slapd database from a backup, and that now
everything appears to work again.

I didn't suspect ldap at first, since auth was still working, and I
didn't see anything obvious in any log files about DB corruption.
Odd.

Still, all seems to be working now.

mrc