Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Olivier Ramare

Default Archos 3 vision + debian 2.6.30-2-686+usbmount

Dear all,

A short report on my use of the Archos 3 vision.
I used the webpage:

http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html#ts6

In my case, it seems the power supply was somewhat
faulty, so I got an external usb (2) hub with an independant
power plug (which I plugged on my usb2 port).

What happens then?
-- It seems the device loads first, so you get a battery
on your archos screen. It is not mounted.
-- Once this is achieved, you get the usual screen.
The device is still not mounted.
-- Wait, wait, and be patient, for I finally got the
plugged icone (black/grey/white with three
horizontal lines, like a three thronged tuning fork)
This time an icon appears and life is made

A last problem. According to /etc/mtab, the device gets
mounted with

vfat rw,noexec,nodev,sync,noatime,nodiratime

and only root can unmount it. So I tried to add

/dev/sdb /home/Me/Archos3 vfat
rw,noexec,nodev,sync,noatime,nodiratime,user, 0 0

to /etc/fstab and redo and all (I didn't restart the kernel though).
But Me still cannot unmount the beast
Well, root can and that's enough for me
Best,
Amities,