Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Jari Fredriksson

Default Mouse problem in VirtualBox client Lenny

I have VirtualBox 3.1.2r56127 running on amd64 Windows7 host, and an
amd64 Lenny client.

Everything seemed to work before I finished the vboxadd setup adding
VirtualBox client support.

Now the mouse responds to right click (opening a menu in right bottom
corner of the window), but nothing else works mouse wise.

After vboxadd setup my xorg.conf has following setup for mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[1]"
Option "Buttons" "9"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Name" "VirtualBox Mouse Buttons"
Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
Option "Vendor" "Sun Microsystems Inc"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "vboxmouse"
Identifier "Mouse[2]"
Option "Device" "/dev/vboxguest"
Option "Name" "VirtualBox Mouse"
Option "Vendor" "Sun Microsystems Inc"
Option "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

I googled, and tried to replace those with

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "vboxmouse"
Option "CorePointer"
EndSection

but that made the Xorg unstartable.

What might be wrong in the setup?

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

April 1

This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three
hundred and sixty-four.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Same problem, will investigate tomorrow
thierry

Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Adam Mercer

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 04:13, Jari Fredriksson <jarif@iki.fi> wrote:

> I have VirtualBox 3.1.2r56127 running on amd64 Windows7 host, and an
> amd64 Lenny client.
>
> Everything seemed to work before I finished the vboxadd setup adding
> VirtualBox client support.
>
> Now the mouse responds to right click (opening a menu in right bottom
> corner of the window), but nothing else works mouse wise.

I had the same problem, reverting to the 3.1.0 VirtualBox Additions
enabled the mouse to work again.

Cheers

Adam