Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Liviu Andronic

Default no sound in gstreamer-based apps

Dear all
I get no sound when playing media files with Totem, Parole or Whaawmp.
It seems to have happened after some gstreamer upgrade on Debian
testing.

The mixer levels are also OK since while playing an .mp3 with Parole
(and no sound) I started the same file with Potamus and mpg123 (with
sound). I checked gstreamer-properties (in gnome-media) and set the
default output to ALSA, and the "Test" sound worked fine. However,
strangely the gstreamer-properties dialogue lacks my main card in the
list, HDA ATI SB (Alsa mixer). It has only "Default, STAC92xx Digital
and HDA ATI HDMI".

Where should I look to see if there is something wrong with Gstreamer
on my system? Thank you
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?