Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 AM
Tsang Kim Wai

Default How to install Eclipse 3.5 on Debian 5 (lenny) stable release ?

Hi All,

**** I am a newbie in Debian and have just installed Debian 5 (lenny) stable release. I have used "apt-get install eclipse" to install a version of eclipse into my system and that version runs well.

**** However, later I find that the installed version of eclipse is 3.2 and I would like to install the current eclipse release 3.5 as an alternative of eclipse 3.2.

**** I find that eclipse 3.5 Linux version (eclipse-jee-galileo-SR1-linux-gtk.tar.gz) could be downloaded from the eclipse site but I do not know how to install it into Debian to make it co-exist with the older eclipse 3.2.

**** Any suggestion ?

Regards
Lawrence

Old 01-10-2010, 03:59 AM