Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/306970-gnome-buggers-please-reopen-bug-358731-a.html)

Dotan Cohen 01-09-2010 08:40 PM

Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731
 
Does someone here have the proper permissions to reopen a Gnome bug
that was incorrectly marked as dupe? Thanks:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358731

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Stephen Powell 01-11-2010 12:57 AM

Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731
 
On 2010-01-09 at 16:40:22 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Does someone here have the proper permissions to reopen a Gnome bug
> that was incorrectly marked as dupe? Thanks:
>
> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358731

This looks like an "upstream" bug report, as opposed to a Debian
bug report. You'll need to contact the upstream maintainer, explain
the circumstances, and request a reopen.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Frank McCormick 01-11-2010 01:34 AM

Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731
 
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:57:26 -0500 (EST)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

> On 2010-01-09 at 16:40:22 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Does someone here have the proper permissions to reopen a Gnome
> > bug that was incorrectly marked as dupe? Thanks:
> >
> > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358731
>
> This looks like an "upstream" bug report, as opposed to a Debian
> bug report. You'll need to contact the upstream maintainer, explain
> the circumstances, and request a reopen.
>
>

How many developers does it take to fix a bug? Apparently
too many. Read through Bug 121113. (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=121113)
It was filed in 2003...7 years ago. The last comment is from November 2009!!!
I'm sure many of us noticed this inconsistency in the file selector a long time
ago,,but it's still there.



--
Frank


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Freeman 01-11-2010 03:53 AM

Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731
 
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:34:57PM -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> > On 2010-01-09 at 16:40:22 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > bug that was incorrectly marked as dupe? Thanks:
> > >
> > > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358731
> >
> > This looks like an "upstream" bug report, as opposed to a Debian
> > bug report. You'll need to contact the upstream maintainer, explain
> > the circumstances, and request a reopen.
> >

>
> How many developers does it take to fix a bug? Apparently
> too many. Read through Bug 121113. (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=121113)
> It was filed in 2003...7 years ago. The last comment is from November 2009!!!
> I'm sure many of us noticed this inconsistency in the file selector a long time
> ago,,but it's still there.
>

Interesting discussion underway about this very thing on
debian-project@lists.debian.org .

What to do about negligent maintainers?

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Dotan Cohen 01-11-2010 06:45 PM

Gnome buggers: please reopen bug 358731
 
2010/1/11 Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com>:
> On 2010-01-09 at 16:40:22 -0500, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Does someone here have the proper permissions to reopen a Gnome bug
>> that was incorrectly marked as dupe? Thanks:
>>
>> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358731
>
> This looks like an "upstream" bug report, as opposed to a Debian
> bug report. *You'll need to contact the upstream maintainer, explain
> the circumstances, and request a reopen.
>
>

It is upstream for Debian, but I am not part of any Gnome communities
so I asked here if there are any Gnome community members with the
proper permissions. Maybe I could have found a better term than "Gnome
buggers", but it was late :)


--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.