Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Stephen Powell

Default apt-get source produces gpg error. Can't check signatu public key not found

I am trying to get the source code for a Debian package with

apt-get source xxx

where xxx is the name of the package. The retrieval of the source package
appears to have been successful, but I get error messages along the way:

gpg: new configuration file `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
gpg: WARNING: options in `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
gpg: Signature made Sun 23 Nov 2008 09:06:32 PM EST using DSA key ID 12066207

Obviously I need to find and import the relevant public key.
I don't know where to find the key, nor how to import it.
I searched the internet and found some hits on "gpg 12066207",
but I could not find specific instructions.

(1) Will someone please give me specific instructions on where to
find the key, and how to install it, and

(2) Will someone please explain why this key is not already installed,
since this is an official Debian source package.