Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
George

Default CPU fan working more than it should

I just installed Debian on my laptop and I notice that the CPU fan is
working much more than it used to work on windows. It must be that
Debian changed the temperature threshold. How can I change it back?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Arthur Machlas

I just installed Debian on my laptop and I notice that the CPU fan is
working much more than it used to work on windows. It must be that

Debian changed the temperature threshold. How can I change it back?
*
My guess is that you haven't enabled frequency scaling, so your cpu is running at full throttle non-stop.
*