Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Alex Samad

Default How to set only delete permision in a directory and theirs subdirectories.

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 04:10:19AM +0100, Marc Aymerich wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 02:29:25AM +0100, Marc Aymerich wrote:
> > > Hi all!

[snip]

> > use LVM and maker LV equal to the max size allocated to the user, then
> > mount the partition on their home directory.
> >
> > you then have to make sure they don't leave files in other places like
> > /tmp or /var/tmp ...
> >

> Hi Alex, Thank you for your response!
>
> In my first mail I forgot to say that actually I have more than 700 users in
> this server. Correct me if I'm wrong (my experience with LVM is a pretty
> limited), but I think that having 700 partitions may require extensive
> overhead. What do you think about that?
LVM's are pretty efficient from my understanding, although 700+ lv's
is way bigger than I have heard. But it would meet your requirement -
limit them to the amount of space give them the ability to still there
files

> Thank you!!
> Marc

[snip]

--
"You're probably wondering why somebody who has been in politics is talking about Social Security. After all, it's been called the third rail of American politics. You grab a hold of it, and you get electrified."

- George W. Bush
03/04/2005
South Bend, IN