Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Ogya Chief

Default How to use Sun Java instead of gcj

I installed sun-java6 but "java -version" showed version 1.5. Upon further investigation I realised gcj is also installed on the machine and OpenOffice depends on it. I have two questions:

1.* How can I make OpenOffice use Sun-java instead of gcj so that I can remove gcj?
2.* If it is not possible to remove gcj and keep OpenOffice intact, how can I compile java 1.6 programs using sun-java6?

Any help in this direction will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ogya