Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
"J.H.Kim"

Default How to fix ipaddress

Hi, everyone

I want to use network in my office locally.
Not connected to internet, I wish to do network in my office only.
The network cable is connected with cross-cable to another computer.

I set /etc/network/interfaces as follows :
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.7
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcaset 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
dns-search kornet

Sometimes ip address is set to 192.168.0.7.
But somtimes ip address is set to 169.254.171.33
which is not set by me, and I don't konw why that address
is set to my ip address.
I want to set my ipaddress 192.168.0.7 always.

Please tell me how to fix that problem.

Thanks in advnace.
Best Regards,
J.Hwan Kim