Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Tyler MacDonald

Default Application launch countdown?

I've set up the computer attached to my television to automatically log in
on boot. I want it to automatically launch an application as well -- but
once in awhile I may want to avoid that.

I know I can do this with sessions, but what I'd prefer is this:

Does anybody know of a (preferably GNOME) app that would let me have an
"application launch" countdown, similar to gnome's "reboot" countdown? Just
a little box that pops up on the screen that says "Will execute /usr/bin/foo
in 60 seconds" with a "Launch" and "Cancel" button.

I guess if one doesnt already exist it wont be a huge undertaking to whip
one up...

Thanks,
Tyler