Old 01-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Jochen Schulz

Default Postgresql wont restart. Can I clear shared memmory segments without rebooting?

Kun Niu:

> Before you execute "echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches", you'd better run
> "sync" first.

Why? Do you want to suggest dropping the caches throws away the write
cache, too, without flushing to disk first? I would be very surprised to
hear that!

J.
--
I have been manipulated and permanently distorted.
[Agree] [Disagree]