Old 01-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default Comparing two debian boxes (find which package is different)

Hi there,

I would like to compare two debian box. I am trying to figure out
which package version is different from one box to the other. (dpkg
--get-selections does not list version).

Thanks !
--
Mathieu

Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Tyler MacDonald

Hi,

I believe dpkg-query will do what you want, something like;

dpkg-query --show -f '${Package} ${Version}
'

Cheers,
Tyler

Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Rob Owens

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:22:50AM -0800, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe dpkg-query will do what you want, something like;
>
> dpkg-query --show -f '${Package} ${Version}
'

> Cheers,
> Tyler

There's also "apt-show-versions". It'll tell you the version and if
it's from lenny, squeeze, etc.

-Rob

Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> There's also "apt-show-versions". *It'll tell you the version and if
> it's from lenny, squeeze, etc.

Worked out perfectly ! Thanks.

--
Mathieu