Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
James Laska

Default #16: Create Installer repo test(s)

Greetings folks,

Liam Li is designing several new test cases [1] to validate yum repo
management during the installer. The QA team currently does not have
test coverage for these dialogs and is looking to get some basic sanity
tests in place for F-13.

The question came up as to whether we need to verify that additional
custom repositories are present on the installed system. In Liam's
testing, it appears that the repositories are only for install-time, not
for the post-installed system. Is this accurate? Are there exceptions
to this?

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/16

Old 01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Chris Lumens

> Liam Li is designing several new test cases [1] to validate yum repo
> management during the installer. The QA team currently does not have
> test coverage for these dialogs and is looking to get some basic sanity
> tests in place for F-13.

Great, that whole section could use some better testing.

> The question came up as to whether we need to verify that additional
> custom repositories are present on the installed system. In Liam's
> testing, it appears that the repositories are only for install-time, not
> for the post-installed system. Is this accurate? Are there exceptions
> to this?

We've gone back and forth on this a million times, but how it currently
stands is that custom repos you add via the UI do not get a file written
out in /etc/yum.repos.d. See 922c6d125cbd843a003ad0a5b0a23fd5c655d7da
for more info.

I don't think there are any exceptions. Now keep in mind that if you
add a custom repo that has its own comps definitions and its own
whatever-release package that is mandatory and includes
/etc/yum.repos.d/whatever.conf file, you should end up with one. But
that wouldn't be because anaconda decided to write one out.

- Chris