Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Ogya Chief

Default Showing only files on a virtual desktop

Hi All,

I am running sid and kde desktop and I want to see only the files associated with a particular virtual desktop and not all open files on other virtual desktops in the panel. I have checked the online* kde manual but I did not see anything on this issue. Is it possible to do that? I want to avoid clutter of the desktop as well as the panel.

Any help in this direction will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ogya

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Ansgar Burchardt

Hi,

Ogya Chief <ogyachief@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am running sid and kde desktop and I want to see only the files associated
> with a particular virtual desktop and not all open files on other virtual
> desktops in the panel. I have checked the online kde manual but I did not see
> anything on this issue. Is it possible to do that? I want to avoid clutter of
> the desktop as well as the panel.

I am not sure what you mean by "files associated with a virtual desktop".
If you want to only see tasks for the active desktop in the task bar,
you can do so by right-clicking on the task bar, "Task Manager
Settings", select "Only show tasks from the current desktop" in the
Filters section of the General tab.

Regards,
Ansgar

Old 01-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Ogya Chief

> I am not sure what you mean by "files associated with a virtual desktop".
> If you want to only see tasks for the active desktop in the task bar,
> you can do so by right-clicking on the task bar, "Task Manager
> Settings", select "Only show tasks from the current desktop" in the
> Filters section of the General tab.
>
> Regards,
> Ansgar

Hi Ansgar

Thanks for the solution. That is what I meant and* the problem is solved.

Regards,
Ogya

Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.