Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Sjoerd Hardeman

Default KDE auto-login not working after kernel upgrade (2.6.30-2 -> 2.6.32)

Γιώργος *άλλας schreef:

A strange problem is occuring: After a kernel upgrade from 2.6.30-2 to
2.6.32 on an updated debian testing system, the user auto-login feature
of KDE stopped working - instead I am presented with the kdm login
screen. If I reboot with the old kernel, kde auto-logins the user fine.
The problem is reproduced: Booting with the new kernel always gives me
the kdm login screen. Booting with the old one, it works.

Any ideas how could I investigate something like this?
I noticed with a self-compiled 2.6.32 that when I log in with kdm, I
always have to login twice. After the first password the screen flickers
and then I end up with the same kdm login screen again. Then, logging in
proceeds fine. My self compiled 2.6.31.9 does not have any problems.
Anyway, probably it's a kernel bug, which now I am not alone is
worthwhile to report. Check /var/log/auth.log for any errors. Currently,
I cannot check anything as I don't have my laptop with the proper kernel
available.
If you report the bug, please post the bug report number. I will then
add my info, as that might help the maintainers/kernel devs to faster
sort out the problem.

Sjoerd