Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Chris Jones

Default apt-file update - unable to get files

I had not used apt-file in ages, and thought I'd sync' the local cache
before searching and this is what I get:

Can't get http://security.debian.org/dists/lenny/updates/Contents-i386.gz

Here's my sources.list:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep -v '^$' | grep -v '#'
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

Per my web browser, apt-file is absolutely correct, there is no such
file, and yet I don't remember having any problems with this in the
past.

Thanks,

CJ