Old 01-03-2010, 02:49 PM
T o n g

Default Sharing firefox settings in seamonkey

Hi,

Quick question, has anyone tried to use firefox settings (homepage
setting, bookmark, saved password, etc) in seamonkey?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Chris Jones

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:49:34AM EST, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question, has anyone tried to use firefox settings (homepage
> setting, bookmark, saved password, etc) in seamonkey?

Contrary to FF, seamonkey does not appear to have a global 'import'
wizard, at least I don't see it.

I didn't see an 'export' in FF either.

As to bookmarks, there are import/export menu entries in Seamonkey's
'manage bookmarks' popup - Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, and then
'Tools' in the popup.

For other stuff, you may have to go through your ~/.mozilla tree and
find where FF keeps his stuff.

Even for bookmarks, and if this is something you need to do on a regular
basis because you are using both browsers concurrently, you may need to
work out some kind of a cron'd solution that regularly updates/merges
the respective bookmark files of each browser.

CJ

Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Kelly Clowers

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 07:49, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question, has anyone tried to use firefox settings (homepage
> setting, bookmark, saved password, etc) in seamonkey?

SeaMonkey 2.0 can be used with Weave, although it will not sync
bookmarks (just settings, form history, passwords, etc.) as
SeaMonkey does not yet use Places for bookmarks.

You can just import the SeaMonkey html file with the FF bookmarks
manger.

I theory, I think you could just copy the relevant .sqlite files from
SM to FF or vice-versa.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
T o n g

Thanks everyone for the replies,

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:49:33 -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:

> I think you could just copy the relevant .sqlite files from SM to FF or
> vice-versa.

Yes, works well except the signons.sqlite, which should be normal.