Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Nima Azarbayjany

Default Gnome apps in KDE

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why Gnome applications look so ugly in KDE and if something can be done about it to make them look as in their native Gnome environment?!

Thanks.

Nima

Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:55:46 +0330, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why Gnome applications look so ugly in KDE and if
> something can be done about it to make them look as in their native
> Gnome environment?!

KDE Control Center used to have a section to control the looking of GTK
apps (GTK styles and fonts) and also an option in "Sytem Settings" to
"use my KDE style in GTK applications" or something similar.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 01-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Aioanei Rares

Camaleón wrote:

Can anyone tell me why Gnome applications look so ugly in KDE and if
something can be done about it to make them look as in their native
Gnome environment?!

KDE Control Center used to have a section to control the looking of GTK
apps (GTK styles and fonts) and also an option in "Sytem Settings" to
"use my KDE style in GTK applications" or something similar.

Greetings,

That menu will only appear in system settings if you install gtk-qt-engine.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Chris Jones

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:25:46AM EST, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me why Gnome applications look so ugly in KDE and if
> something can be done about it to make them look as in their native Gnome
> environment?!

Shot in the dark since I don't use gnome or KDE, but I believe there is
a gnome-settings-daemon or something that takes care of 'rendering' in a
broad sense.

Could it be that it never gets started if you are running KDE?

Google for 'gnome-settings-daemon' + 'KDE' and see if this helps in your
case.

CJ