Old 01-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Daniel Bareiro

Default Using KSM in Debian GNU/Linux Lenny

Hi, all!

From Buenos Aires I wish you a happy new year!!

I'm using qemu-kvm-0.12.1.1 that it already comes with support for KSM
and Linux also compiled with KSM support, but nevertheless it seems that
it is not being used:

root@ubuntu:~# uname -a
Linux ubuntu 2.6.32.2-dgb #1 SMP Thu Dec 31 20:29:04 ART 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

root@ubuntu:~# cat /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/max_kernel_pages
253738

root@ubuntu:~# cat /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/run
1

root@ubuntu:~# cat /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_sharing
0

Also I have understood that it must exist support of KSM on glibc. I'm
using ubuntu Hardy Heron but I believe that it must have some similarity
with Debian and is for that reason I ask here.

Is it possible that this support is not enabled or is there some way to
verify this requirement?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9 29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37