Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Robert David

Default DVB-T TV card for Lenny.

Hi,

I'm planing to upgrade my home server with TV card an use it with mythtv as
multimedia center. I was searching for some good DVB-T card in local stores
that has support in Lenny but didn't find any reasonable piece (I do not want
kernel from backports or compile unsupported modules). PCI card would be
better than USB (but if I don't find appropriate PCI card I will use USB).

Requested specification:
DVB-T (Europe, Czech republic)
PCI
max $100

So if someone did something like me and find a good card (for example on ebay)
please reply.

Thanks,
Robert.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Kevin Ross

Robert David wrote:

Hi,

I'm planing to upgrade my home server with TV card an use it with mythtv as
multimedia center. I was searching for some good DVB-T card in local stores
that has support in Lenny but didn't find any reasonable piece (I do not want
kernel from backports or compile unsupported modules). PCI card would be
better than USB (but if I don't find appropriate PCI card I will use USB).

Requested specification:
DVB-T (Europe, Czech republic)
PCI
max $100

So if someone did something like me and find a good card (for example on ebay)
please reply.

Thanks,
Robert.

You could go through the list at
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards, click on each card,
and the page that comes up will usually tell you which kernel was the
first to include the driver.

Sorry I don't have any specific recommendations for you.

-- Kevin