Old 12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
abdelkader belahcene

Default vsftpd runs then stop for remote access

Hi,
I install vsftp** as sererver on ubuntu 9.10
It runs for a time then stops answer for remote access, but not for local access ???

I mean* If* i use the command ** ftp * 192.168.10.10 * from the * localhost * * ** it responds

but* ftp* 192.168.10.10 * * from a remote machine it doesn't respond,* it seems that* a firewall rule blocks ??

iptables -L* gives all permissions ??

If I coudn't solve my problem* which ftp server may I use ??

thanks for help
best regards

Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Ansgar Burchardt

Hi,

abdelkader belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> writes:

> I install vsftp** as sererver on ubuntu 9.10

Please refer to the Ubuntu user technical support mailing list [1] for
problems with Ubuntu.

Regards,
Ansgar

Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
abdelkader belahcene

Thanks for answerI know that , *but I used debian list and the list is more *read firstly, *secondly ubuntu is based on debian so. thirdly I remmember I had this problem on debian *a couple of years ago.

by the way the problem is for vsftp and ssh too, so *it is *a *security problem ( on openssl ??)thanks any way for answerbest regardsbela