Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default changing rootdn password

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

On a Debian and a Ubuntu I install OpenLDAP with the package manager.
It usually asks for an admin password.

But when looking in /etc/ldap/ I found no place where it is stored
(even in an encrypted form).

I would like to change that admin password without calling
'dpkg-reconfigure slapd'.

Is there an ldap utility or built-in command for that purpose?

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36

Old 12-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Didar Hossain

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina@gulfsat.mg> wrote:
> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> On a Debian and a Ubuntu I install OpenLDAP with the package manager.
> It usually asks for an admin password.
>
> But when looking in /etc/ldap/ I found no place where it is stored
> (even in an encrypted form).
>
> I would like to change that admin password without calling
> 'dpkg-reconfigure slapd'.
>
> Is there an ldap utility or built-in command for that purpose?

Please, do not cross-post the same message to multiple mailing lists -
instead use separate messages.

Look for "rootpw" in slapd.conf

Regards,
Didar