Old 01-06-2008, 04:34 AM
hce

Default mount dvd error

Hi,

I tried to mount a dvd drive and got an error, is it correct file
sytem type? what is wrong to the mount command?

$ mount -t udf /dev/hdc /media/disk
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
missing codepage or other error
dmesg | tail or so

Thank you.

Jim

Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 04:34:30PM +1100, hce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to mount a dvd drive and got an error, is it correct file
> sytem type? what is wrong to the mount command?
>
> $ mount -t udf /dev/hdc /media/disk
> mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
> missing codepage or other error
> In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
> dmesg | tail or so

Try not specifying a filesystem and mount will try to guess it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 AM
hce

On 1/6/08, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 04:34:30PM +1100, hce wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to mount a dvd drive and got an error, is it correct file
> > sytem type? what is wrong to the mount command?
> >
> > $ mount -t udf /dev/hdc /media/disk
> > mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
> > missing codepage or other error
> > In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
> > dmesg | tail or so
>
> Try not specifying a filesystem and mount will try to guess it.

That did not work in the first place:

$ sudo mount /dev/hdc /media/disk
Password:
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim