-   -   debian package for sleep to disk? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/2995-debian-package-sleep-disk.html)

Bruno Boettcher 11-22-2007 02:36 PM

debian package for sleep to disk?

hello

i am in the process of setting up a new laptop, and am at the moment
searching without a success how to implement a hibernate
functionality....

there's surely a package in debian offering this, but i seem to hit the
wrong keywords.... so if someone could point me into the right
direction!

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org

"Rage Callao" 11-22-2007 02:43 PM

On Nov 22, 2007 11:36 PM, Bruno Boettcher <bboett@bboett.dyndns.org> wrote:
> hello
>
> i am in the process of setting up a new laptop, and am at the moment
> searching without a success how to implement a hibernate
> functionality....
>
> there's surely a package in debian offering this, but i seem to hit the
> wrong keywords.... so if someone could point me into the right
> direction!

You might be looking for the hibernate[1] package. Once installed just
type hibernate-disk for it to work.

[1]http://packages.debian.org/etch/hibernate

--
Rage Callao

Gerard Robin 11-22-2007 05:35 PM

debian package for sleep to disk?

i am in the process of setting up a new laptop, and am at the moment
searching without a success how to implement a hibernate
functionality....

there's surely a package in debian offering this, but i seem to hit the
wrong keywords.... so if someone could point me into the right
direction!

apt-cache search sleep, gives:
acpitool - a small, convenient command-line ACPI client
hibernate - smartly puts your computer to sleep (suspend to RAM or disk)
sleepd - puts an inactive or low battery laptop to sleep

+ the packages: uswsusp, acpi-support, vbetool, ...

hth
--
Gérard