Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
michael

Default how to determine current X focus?

Is there a tool that will o/p the current X application that is
accepting input ('focus')? It appears my problem with (intermittently)
un-responding USB mouse/keyboard (see 18 Dec 2007 posts) may be due to
loss of focus [1] and I wish to investigate this further.

[1] I come to this conclusion since if in Gnome I turn off Gnome
(metacity?)'s "select windows when the
mouse moves over them" option (and thus also turning off auto-raise) it
*seems* to make the problem go away

Thanks, Michael

Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 PM
michael

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 20:42 +0000, michael wrote:
> Is there a tool that will o/p the current X application that is
> accepting input ('focus')? It appears my problem with (intermittently)
> un-responding USB mouse/keyboard (see 18 Dec 2007 posts) may be due to
> loss of focus [1] and I wish to investigate this further.
>
> [1] I come to this conclusion since if in Gnome I turn off Gnome
> (metacity?)'s "select windows when the
> mouse moves over them" option (and thus also turning off auto-raise) it
> *seems* to make the problem go away

aha, I presumed too much too soon. Said option didn't fix the problem
but not over-clocking seems to be helping... perhaps there's some timing
issue somewhere within X/USB...???