Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 AM
wathavy wathavy

Default DVD-1.iso: How can I write into DVD-R?

Hi, all.

I have downloaded 4.0r2 DVD-1 iso image file. And I used the software 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3' to burn to DVD-R. Then it showed an 'Critical' Error, saying 'Writing Error3) Error Closing DVD-R RZone Invalid command field(1022) Error sense Data: SENSE KEY:5 ASC:24 ASCQ;0'* The dowload file size is 4,587,736KB. It seems there is no problem with the ISO file downloaded.
I downloaded CD ISO image file for network installation, and CDBurnerXP worked fine for burning CD-R. And the CD-R worked fine for installation. I also tested Knopix DVD iso image and I could make DVD knopix 5.1.
Despite of the recommendation, I downloaded all the file without using 'Free download Manager' so I am now using it to see if there will be any difference with the ISO image.
So far, the only workaround was to download CD-ISO images and burn all of them and use it for local installation.(which I checked with the same procedure, and it worked fine but, as you know it is tedious
to make so many of them).

Do you have any suggestion on obtaining 4.0r2 DVD-1 iso image file?
Especially for free ISO image extractor, other than CDBurnerXP?
Thank you for your patience and your attention.

Toshi.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 11:07:40PM -0800, wathavy wathavy wrote:

[snip problems burning DVD image to DVD]

> Do you have any suggestion on obtaining 4.0r2 DVD-1 iso image file?
> Especially for free ISO image extractor, other than CDBurnerXP? Thank
> you for your patience and your attention.

To ensure that the file you download is correct, you need to verify the
md5 sum. I've never used window so can't help with that, nor with your
burner app.

Doug.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Mihira Fernando

On Sat January 5 2008, wathavy wathavy wrote:
> 'Writing Error3) Error Closing DVD-R RZone Invalid command field(1022)
> Error sense Data: SENSE KEY:5 ASC:24 ASCQ;0'

probably this can give a hint :
http://www.answermysearches.com/category/win32/page/2/

I too recommend that you use Nero for CD/DVD burning in windows. It never
failed me when I was using windows..

Mihira.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break

Old 01-06-2008, 07:32 PM
joseph lockhart

--- "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 11:07:40PM -0800, wathavy
> wathavy wrote:
>
> [snip problems burning DVD image to DVD]
>
> > Do you have any suggestion on obtaining 4.0r2
> DVD-1 iso image file?
> > Especially for free ISO image extractor, other
> than CDBurnerXP? Thank
> > you for your patience and your attention.
>
> To ensure that the file you download is correct, you
> need to verify the
> md5 sum. I've never used window so can't help with
> that, nor with your
> burner app.
>
> Doug.

try finding md5sum (as in a free windows program to
extract the md5 sum) and isotool (?isotools i don't
remember exactly which)

these both work well, and isotool uses native windows
dll's to embed an iso burner into windows (option
shows up with a right click on a burnable iso file)

hope that helps

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678