-   -   Debian on IBM NetVista Type 6578-RAU (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/29030-debian-ibm-netvista-type-6578-rau.html)

Steve Reilly 01-04-2008 08:27 PM

Debian on IBM NetVista Type 6578-RAU

Does anyone have experience with similar NetVistas?
Do these machines have marginal power supplies or some
other design fault which causes problems?
Any other ideas?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
pop open the box. I can almost guarantee the capacitors are oozing onto
the motherboard. Ive had 3 of them do the same that were given to me to
"fix" from friends. cheap china parts for a cheap machine, my only guess.