-   -   Icedove opens embedded images in iceweasel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/28941-icedove-opens-embedded-images-iceweasel.html)

Wackojacko 01-04-2008 06:17 PM

Icedove opens embedded images in iceweasel

Using amd64 sid, updated today, KDE as Desktop. 2.6.23 kernel home rolled.

As of the recent icedove update (2 days ago) I am having a problem with
icedove and embedded images. If I click the load images button it
attempts to open each of the embedded images in a separate iceweasel
window. As you can imagine with some e-mails this can run into tens or
hundreds of iceweasel processes which quickly reduces my PC to a crawl
and if not stopped causes it to thrash and require a reboot.

Anyone else seeing this problem or got any ideas how to fix it?

I've tried google and the BTS without success.

TIA

Wackojacko

"Michal R. Hoffmann" 01-04-2008 06:51 PM

Icedove opens embedded images in iceweasel

Using amd64 sid, updated today, KDE as Desktop. 2.6.23 kernel home rolled.

As of the recent icedove update (2 days ago) I am having a problem with
icedove and embedded images. If I click the load images button it
attempts to open each of the embedded images in a separate iceweasel
window. As you can imagine with some e-mails this can run into tens or
hundreds of iceweasel processes which quickly reduces my PC to a crawl
and if not stopped causes it to thrash and require a reboot.

Anyone else seeing this problem or got any ideas how to fix it?

I've tried google and the BTS without success.

TIA

Wackojacko

I just wanted to ask the same :) Even started writing but checked email
before sending. In my case it happened yesterday after update. I also
googled and tried to look for some bug reports - nothing.

amd64 sid, Gnome.

Kind regards,
--
Michal R. Hoffmann

Sven Joachim 01-04-2008 07:56 PM

Icedove opens embedded images in iceweasel

[Resending this to the list, I typed the wrong reply command. My
apologies to Wackojacko.]

On 2008-01-04 20:17 +0100, Wackojacko wrote:

> Using amd64 sid, updated today, KDE as Desktop. 2.6.23 kernel home rolled.
>
> As of the recent icedove update (2 days ago) I am having a problem
> with icedove and embedded images. If I click the load images button
> it attempts to open each of the embedded images in a separate
> iceweasel window. As you can imagine with some e-mails this can run
> into tens or hundreds of iceweasel processes which quickly reduces my
> PC to a crawl and if not stopped causes it to thrash and require a
> reboot.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem or got any ideas how to fix it?
>
> I've tried google and the BTS without success.

Look here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=459135.

Sven

Wackojacko 01-04-2008 08:17 PM

Sven Joachim wrote:

[Resending this to the list, I typed the wrong reply command. My
apologies to Wackojacko.]

Using amd64 sid, updated today, KDE as Desktop. 2.6.23 kernel home rolled.

As of the recent icedove update (2 days ago) I am having a problem
with icedove and embedded images. If I click the load images button
it attempts to open each of the embedded images in a separate
iceweasel window. As you can imagine with some e-mails this can run
into tens or hundreds of iceweasel processes which quickly reduces my
PC to a crawl and if not stopped causes it to thrash and require a
reboot.

Anyone else seeing this problem or got any ideas how to fix it?

I've tried google and the BTS without success.

Look here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=459135.

Sven

Thanks for the pointer, the workaround fixed the problem. Now why
couldn't I find that bug report? :)

Wackojacko

"Michal R. Hoffmann" 01-04-2008 10:59 PM

Icedove opens embedded images in iceweasel