Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
"Paul Csanyi"

Default How to set up remote access to postgresql with md5 password?

Hello!

I will to set up my home network so so I can to
connect from LAN to postgresql server on DMZ.

I can to connect to the postgresql server when I
set up pg_hba.conf with 'trust' method, but can't
to connect to it with 'md5' method.

What is the solution?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 06:17:37PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I will to set up my home network so so I can to
> connect from LAN to postgresql server on DMZ.
>
> I can to connect to the postgresql server when I
> set up pg_hba.conf with 'trust' method, but can't
> to connect to it with 'md5' method.
>
> What is the solution?

Should work. What error message do you get?
You should probably post your pg_hba.conf also.

--
Chris.
======