Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Volkan YAZICI

Default Assoc.ing Process with Network Traffic (iptraf, iftop, etc.)

Hi,

I can monitor network traffic of specific interfaces via iptraf of
iftop. What I also would like to do is to associate a system process for
the related traffic. Is such a thing possible? Are there any tools
providing such a functionality?

Regards.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Gilles Mocellin

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:26:41AM +0200, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can monitor network traffic of specific interfaces via iptraf of
> iftop. What I also would like to do is to associate a system process for
> the related traffic. Is such a thing possible? Are there any tools
> providing such a functionality?

Try nethogs.
It's a network top by process.