-   -   Assoc.ing Process with Network Traffic (iptraf, iftop, etc.) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/284430-assoc-ing-process-network-traffic-iptraf-iftop-etc.html)

Volkan YAZICI 11-22-2009 08:26 AM

Assoc.ing Process with Network Traffic (iptraf, iftop, etc.)

Hi,

I can monitor network traffic of specific interfaces via iptraf of
iftop. What I also would like to do is to associate a system process for
the related traffic. Is such a thing possible? Are there any tools
providing such a functionality?

Regards.

Gilles Mocellin 11-22-2009 07:08 PM

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:26:41AM +0200, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can monitor network traffic of specific interfaces via iptraf of
> iftop. What I also would like to do is to associate a system process for
> the related traffic. Is such a thing possible? Are there any tools
> providing such a functionality?

Try nethogs.
It's a network top by process.