Old 11-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Marc Shapiro

Default Where is qt4-assistant?

I am running Lenny.

I just installed eric (python ide) and it suggests qt4-designer,
qt4-assistant qt4-linguist and a few others. I can not find either
qt4-assistant, or qt4-linguist. Now, I don't need linguist, but in
order to get help in designer I DO need assistant. I found a link (not
from Debian) which says that assistant is now included in qt4-doc.
Maybe so in the upstream package, but not in the Debian repo. Qt4-doc
suggests www-browser and says nothing about assistant. There are no
html docs in the package, however (the directory is empty). There are
large files with a .qch extension. Are these the doc files? If so,
what do I use to read them and how do I get designer to use it instead
of trying to find assistant?

Or do I need to go back to qt3-designer? I CAN find qt3-assistant.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:10:53 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I am running Lenny.
>
> I just installed eric (python ide) and it suggests qt4-designer,
> qt4-assistant qt4-linguist and a few others. I can not find either
> qt4-assistant, or qt4-linguist.

It seems they are bundled within "qt4-dev-tools":

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/qt4-dev-tools

Also, there is another "standalone" package for "qt4-designer":

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/qt4-designer

THT.

Greetings,

--